Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael W Cocke <co...@catherders.com> on 2004/12/07 17:57:24 UTC

Heads up! SuSE YOU update broke SA 3.01

Just passing this along so you don't have to kill 2 days trying to
figure out why SA suddenly stopped doing anything -

I foolishly allowed SuSE auto-update (YOU) to update my Spamassassin.
It (in theory) installed version 3.01 (which was already installed and
working perfectly).

Shortly after, I started receiving TONS of spam.  SA-Learn wasn't
learning, etc.

I reinstalled from CPAN - and everything seems to be working again.

I don't know what they broke, but they broke it throughly.

Mike-

--
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs...
You may have a great career as a network administrator ahead!