Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sérgio Carvalho <se...@acm.org> on 2001/12/29 12:13:57 UTC

BrokenPipe Exceptions

Hi,

Looking at my Cocoon 2 log files, I see lots of exceptions like this:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe

with the embedded exception being at the transformer level:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3174)

What do you guess is the cause of this error? What puzzles me is that
this does not seem to be affecting the site (the served content shows no
abnormalities). I'd like to get to the bottom of it nevertheless.

--
Sergio Carvalho

Re: BrokenPipe Exceptions

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 05:50:25PM +0000, S?rgio Carvalho wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-12-29 at 13:09, Jeff Turner wrote:
> >
> > Happens whenever I hit escape while loading a page. All servlets will do
> > this, not just Cocoon, though if it's possible to catch it and render it
> > distinguishable from 'real' errors, that would be a good idea.
> >
> > --Jeff
> >
> So, the broken pipe is caused by a premature closure of the connection
> by the client, is it?

Guess so (ie, pure speculation). The browser end closes the TCP
connection, and somewhere deep in the JDK, an IOException is thrown.

--Jeff

Re: BrokenPipe Exceptions

Posted by Sérgio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.

Re: BrokenPipe Exceptions