Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Reuben Christie <rc...@decisiontech.com> on 2004/12/10 23:56:21 UTC

what does xsp page returns when inserting into database using esql

Hi i am learning xsp to do databse transactions. right now i m testing with
insert into database.I am using esql logic sheet.now the question is How do
i return an xml tag with just value 'true' when the insertion is
succesful..currently the xsp doent return anything.the only thing i get back
is following
  <record-set xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:xspdoc="http://apache.org/cocoon/XSPDoc/v1"
xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0" />

but i want to add a tag like <result>succes</result>

sounds simple and stupid but i just dont know how to do it

Re: what does xsp page returns when inserting into database using esql

Posted by Aurélien DEHAY <ad...@zorel.org>.
Reuben Christie wrote:
> Hi i am learning xsp to do databse transactions. right now i m testing with
> insert into database.I am using esql logic sheet.now the question is How do
> i return an xml tag with just value 'true' when the insertion is
> succesful..currently the xsp doent return anything.the only thing i get back
> is following
>   <record-set xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
> xmlns:xspdoc="http://apache.org/cocoon/XSPDoc/v1"
> xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"
> xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0" />
>

> but i want to add a tag like <result>succes</result>
>
> sounds simple and stupid but i just dont know how to do it

Something like this:

       <esql:execute-query>
        <esql:query>here your insert</esql:query>
         <esql:error-results>
           <result>
             error
           </result>