Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by bhanu617 <bh...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/10 11:27:02 UTC

HTML content in XML

Hi,

I am using FOP to generate PDF.
In my application user enters data through rich tecxt editors hence I am
getting HTML tags like <br>,<p>,*...etc
in my XML content.

But HTML tags are not effecting in generated PDF.
Please help me

RE: HTML content in XML

Posted by Robert <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi,

If you mean that you want the content to go through to the PDF, you can use the CDATA tag:

This should allow the HTML tags into your PDF without them being parsed.

If however you mean that the <br> is not creating a new line in the PDF, then you'd probably need to do something like parse the text content for the tags yourself and then generate the appropriate entries when the FO is being generated to get the desired effect.

Regards,

Robert Meyer