Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andreas Rehmer <re...@teltarif.de> on 2009/10/14 14:13:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting an limit for maximum request but dont throw away additional request

Hi list,

sometimes my website goes down in case of to many request. I now like to
implement somthing like an request restriction.
The Webserver have an maximum amount of request that they have to handel after
this limit is reached the webserver schould accept a new request but hold it in
a queue or something and process them when other request are finished. The only
thing i find via google was "mod_limitipconn" but this module has the problem
that additional request getting an 503. But this i dont want.

Any ideas? Thank you for your help.

Best regards Andreas