Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Kumar Chinnakali <Ku...@infosys.com> on 2013/06/28 14:52:23 UTC

Hive help on the update

Hi Hive Team,

I have Teradata Query as below and my intention is to convert in to Hive Query(HQL). Tried but it's vain.

SELECT Col_1, Col_2, Col_3,  MIN(Col_3) OVER(Partition by Col_1 ORDER BY Col_3, Col_2 rows between 1 preceding and 1 preceding) prev_Col_3 FROM work_table ;

Example:

Actual Work table:
Col_1

Col_3

Prev_Col_3

P1

9:00

Null

P1

10:00

Null

P2

11:00

Null

P2

12:00

Null

Expected result:
Col_1

Col_3

Prev_Col_3

P1

9:00

Null

P1

10:00

9:00

P2

11:00

Null

P2

12:00

11:00

Any help will be much help full.

Regards, Kumar Chinnakali :)

Infosys e-mail system.

RE: Hive help on the update

Posted by Christopher Wirt <ch...@struq.com>.
To emulate the RANK function you will need a custom UDF

Edward Capriolo has a nice one here
https://github.com/edwardcapriolo/hive-rank

Philip Tromans has another here https://github.com/philiptromans/hive-udf

If you're on 0.11 already there is a native version.

https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-windowingandanalytics.html

 what version of hive are you running? and show us your attempts - don't be
shy!

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 5:52 AM, Kumar Chinnakali
<Ku...@infosys.com> wrote:

[...]

Regards, Kumar Chinnakali J

for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please
notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you
are not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry
out your
own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
the
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Hive help on the update

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.