Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Argyn <ak...@cox.net> on 2003/04/03 01:30:05 UTC

Open Source Reference Book 2003

Hello folks!

Maybe you've heard that there was a conference on open source in e-govt in
Washington DC in March 2003, http://www.egovos.org/march-2003/index.html
I gave a speech there about Cocoon.

Now, the organizers are going to publish a book on open source projects.
I've got an impression that it will be read by people who are working for
govt. Open source usage is on sharp rise in US, including govt.
I think that if Cocoon will be listed in the book, it would be a good
publicity. There's an online submission page
http://www.egovos.org/ref_book.html

I'd submit info on Cocoon myself, but I don't feel that it would be right,
since I'm not a committer. What do you think about this?

thanks,
Argyn

government projects/sites with Cocoon

Posted by Argyn <ak...@cox.net>.
Hello folks

I'm gathering info on Cocoon in government projects. If you know about any
live government sites with Cocoon or ongoing project with it, I'd appreciate
if you e-mail me about them. I mean any governemnt including USA.

thanks,
Argyn

Posted by Argyn <ak...@cox.net>.
cool,
If nobody's objecting I'll submit info later on this weekend
Argyn

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Argyn <ak...@cox.net>.
I don't know about the deadlines. It seems that so far they announced the
book only to speakers of the egovos conference. So, I believe there must be
at least few weeks to submit the project information.

By "each project" do you mean all Apache projects? As far as coordination,
certainly, it would be nice to have major Apache projects in the book. Maybe
Apache httpd itself, XML, Jakarta and Cocoon? Then maybe it makes a sense to
post to all apache boards?

thanks,
Argyn

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.