Posted to kalumet-dev@incubator.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2015/11/16 02:56:35 UTC

Kalumet retirement steps

(cross-posted to kalumet-dev@incubator and general@incubator)

Greets,

I'm currently going through the retirement steps for Kalumet, and one of the
first items is this:

    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#steps-to-retirement

    Has the copyright checkbox of the incubator status page been checked off?
    If not, try to resolve it. If it cannot be resolved, source code must be
    removed from SVN.

The copyright checkbox for Kalumet is marked with a question mark, which I
interpret as "not checked off":

    http://incubator.apache.org/projects/kalumet#Copyright

A successful incubating release would have settled the issue, but I did some
research and it seems that while the Kalumet podling attempted an incubating
release of their 0.6 branch, it doesn't look like it was ever officially
completed.

If the copyright status cannot be resolved, I will have to delete `trunk`,
`tags`, and `branches` from
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kalumet>.

Can someone provide a definitive answer on whether it is OK for Kalumet's code
to remain visible in svn?

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Kalumet retirement steps

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Kalumet retirement steps

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
IMHO it can remain.

--
Olivier Lamy

Re: Kalumet retirement steps

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I think the rest of the contributions come from Olivier Lamy another ASFer.

+1 to your your proposal for a resolution.

Cheers,
Hadrian

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

On 11/19/2015 10:21 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> Thanks for speaking up, folks.
>
> Based on the information in this thread, I plan to resolve the
> copyright issue on Kalumet's podling status page with a resolution
> date of today.
>
> Technically, I have only received reassurances that the codebase is
> "almost exclusively" work that originates with one individual who has
> an ICLA on file; what we really need to know in order to check that
> box is that *all* of the code without exception is OK.
>
> If anyone objects to resolving the copyright issue, either because
> they are aware of actual uncleared code within Kalumet's repo, or
> because they are uncomfortable with my assumption that all the code is
> clear, please say so.
>
> Marvin Humphrey
>
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 5:09 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>> Hi Hadrian and Marvin,
>>
>> I replied on the kalumet mailing list.
>>
>> It's not a problem at all that the Kalumet's code remain on svn.
>>
>> Sorry for the delay guys.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 11/19/2015 05:44 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Marvin,
>>>
>>> As far as I remember, Kalumet is almost exclusively the work of JB
>>> Onofre who is an ASF member, therefore I don't see a problem.
>>>
>>> That said I think it's best to wait a bit and let JB speak up. I cc'ed
>>> him, just to make sure he notices this thread.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hadrian

>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> jbonofre@apache.org
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Kalumet retirement steps

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Hadrian and Marvin,

I replied on the kalumet mailing list.

It's not a problem at all that the Kalumet's code remain on svn.

Sorry for the delay guys.

Regards
JB

On 11/19/2015 05:44 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> Hi Marvin,
>
> As far as I remember, Kalumet is almost exclusively the work of JB
> Onofre who is an ASF member, therefore I don't see a problem.
>
> That said I think it's best to wait a bit and let JB speak up. I cc'ed
> him, just to make sure he notices this thread.
>
> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>
> On 11/18/2015 05:29 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Marvin Humphrey
>> <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The copyright checkbox for Kalumet is marked with a question mark,
>>> which I
>>> interpret as "not checked off":
>>>
>>>      http://incubator.apache.org/projects/kalumet#Copyright
>>>
>>> A successful incubating release would have settled the issue, but I
>>> did some
>>> research and it seems that while the Kalumet podling attempted an
>>> incubating
>>> release of their 0.6 branch, it doesn't look like it was ever officially
>>> completed.
>>>
>>> If the copyright status cannot be resolved, I will have to delete
>>> `trunk`,
>>> `tags`, and `branches` from
>>> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kalumet>.
>>>
>>> Can someone provide a definitive answer on whether it is OK for
>>> Kalumet's code
>>> to remain visible in svn?
>>
>> I'll give this a couple more days.  If no one has spoken up by then, I
>> will proceed with deleting the code from svn.
>>
>> Marvin Humphrey

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Kalumet retirement steps

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Hadrian and Marvin,

I replied on the kalumet mailing list.

It's not a problem at all that the Kalumet's code remain on svn.

Sorry for the delay guys.

Regards
JB

On 11/19/2015 05:44 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> Hi Marvin,
>
> As far as I remember, Kalumet is almost exclusively the work of JB
> Onofre who is an ASF member, therefore I don't see a problem.
>
> That said I think it's best to wait a bit and let JB speak up. I cc'ed
> him, just to make sure he notices this thread.
>
> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>
> On 11/18/2015 05:29 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Marvin Humphrey
>> <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The copyright checkbox for Kalumet is marked with a question mark,
>>> which I
>>> interpret as "not checked off":
>>>
>>>      http://incubator.apache.org/projects/kalumet#Copyright
>>>
>>> A successful incubating release would have settled the issue, but I
>>> did some
>>> research and it seems that while the Kalumet podling attempted an
>>> incubating
>>> release of their 0.6 branch, it doesn't look like it was ever officially
>>> completed.
>>>
>>> If the copyright status cannot be resolved, I will have to delete
>>> `trunk`,
>>> `tags`, and `branches` from
>>> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kalumet>.
>>>
>>> Can someone provide a definitive answer on whether it is OK for
>>> Kalumet's code
>>> to remain visible in svn?
>>
>> I'll give this a couple more days.  If no one has spoken up by then, I
>> will proceed with deleting the code from svn.
>>
>> Marvin Humphrey

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net