Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Dru Nelson <dr...@redwoodsoft.com> on 2003/01/17 23:11:53 UTC

Larger sample or skeleton velocity app

Hi,

Are there any example velocity apps that are good skeletons
for a full site?  Something without persistence, but with
a decent layout, menu, and tree of pages. Sort of a boilderplate?

dru

Re: Larger sample or skeleton velocity app

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 06:07 PM, Dru Nelson wrote:

> Yeah, but you could imagine that there is a very big gap
> between servlets+veloctiy and a web app framework.
>
> Surely, a really simple and decent looking site could be done
> with just those two tools. I want to check to avoid duplication
> of work.

We'll - it's a slippery slope.  You can do it by yourself (I tend to do
it that way, but I have very simple requirements usually...).  However,
once you need to add a user management system, content control, it
starts to add up...

Posted by Dru Nelson <dr...@redwoodsoft.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.