Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com> on 2009/11/25 13:29:03 UTC

birt component without duplicates : objection against merging?

Chattree has fixed the duplicated jar problem.

concerning the license, my opinion is what is good for the eclipse
foundation is good for Apache. We have a saying here: we should not be
more roman catholic than the pope......

so what is the community opinion?

can we merge the addbirt branch back into the trunk?

Regards,
Hans

--
http://www.antwebsystems.com :
Quality OFBiz support for competitive rates....

Re: birt component without duplicates : objection against merging?

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
-1 until the licensing and other issues are resolved.

Cheers,
Ruppert

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
Hans Bakker wrote:
> concerning the license, my opinion is what is good for the eclipse
> foundation is good for Apache. We have a saying here: we should not be
> more roman catholic than the pope......

No.  You can't just blindly relicense something.  That's the whole
point of it being a license.  And if *all* those embedded jars are
EPL, then I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there are some libs
that can *not* be relicensed.

> so what is the community opinion?

-1, tentively

> can we merge the addbirt branch back into the trunk?

I'd like to take the weekend to look this over.  Here in the United
States, it's a major holiday tomorrow, and most people have a 4 day
weekend.  Plus, some might be travelling today.