Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch> on 2004/02/26 15:26:11 UTC

BXE and encoding problems

Hi

I'm trying to fix the encoding problems with BXE. It's not only an issue
with cocoon-2.1.4, IMHO

As it looks like, I only can output as UTF-8. I didn't find a solution
for something else. Either I'm stupid or it's really not possible ...

Anyway, just wanted to ask, if this would be a problem for Lenya, if the
document is UTF-8 encoded, even if the original one was ISO-8859-1 (for
example)

chregu
--
christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71

Re: BXE and encoding problems

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.

On 2/26/04 11:11 PM, Michael Wechner wrote:

> Christian Stocker wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm trying to fix the encoding problems with BXE. It's not only an
>> issue with cocoon-2.1.4, IMHO
>>
>> As it looks like, I only can output as UTF-8. I didn't find a solution
>> for something else. Either I'm stupid or it's really not possible ...
>>
>> Anyway, just wanted to ask, if this would be a problem for Lenya, if
>> the document is UTF-8 encoded, even if the original one was ISO-8859-1
>> (for example)
>

> actually it shouldn't, but I need to check to be sure. I have downloaded
> BXE0.9.3 and will give it a try.

I'll tested it on my local lenya installation (latest-cvs, cocoon-2.1.4,
jetty) and it worked without problems (for the uni publication).

chregu

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

--
Michael Wechner