Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gemes Tibor <ge...@regens.hu> on 2002/12/05 11:22:45 UTC

Re: Reset doesn't work when the page contains a validation error ?

2002. december 5. 11:25 dátummal Frank Renaers ezt írtad:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing the struts-example application.
> Can someone explain me why the reset-button doesn't work when the page
> contains a validation-error ?
>
> scenario
> 1) Try to login with a wrong username and/or password.
> 2) The login page is returned with the message : Validation Error : Invalid
> 2) When I try to reset the input-values, the input fields are not cleared.

Reset means reset not clean. They set the fields to the state they were
initially. And they were filled as the page was redisplayed. If you
 want to redisplay a field with diferent value you have to set it in the
reset() of the ActionForm.

Hth,

Tib