Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Sudkamp <mi...@docware.de> on 2004/02/10 12:13:16 UTC

Logging of JK2 ISAPI connector

Hello,

I wonder how I can activate logging for the JK2 ISAPI connector?

With the old JK there were the registry keys log_file and log_level. But they seem not to work with JK2. I also tried logFile and logLevel.

Any ideas?

Michael

Re: Logging of JK2 ISAPI connector

Posted by Daniel Schmitt <da...@shiftomat.de>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/configwebcom.html

Default looging on win32 is in
Start -> All Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

to change the loglevel put in your workers2.properties

# Default INFO Supported: EMERG, ERROR, INFO, DEBUG
[logger]
level=DEBUG

(your admin will hate you)

To write to an alternate file instead, add somthing like

# Alternate file logger
[logger.file:0]
level=DEBUG
file=C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\logs\jk2.log

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
logger=logger.file:0

With IIS 6 you have to add jk2.log to the jakarta Web Service Extension
and give write Permission for Users at File Properties Security Tab

hope this helps

Michael Sudkamp wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder how I can activate logging for the JK2 ISAPI connector?
>
> With the old JK there were the registry keys log_file and log_level. But they seem not to work with JK2. I also tried logFile and logLevel.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Michael

Daniel Schmitt
http://www.shiftomat.com