Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Antoine van Wel <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/22 14:05:34 UTC

error messages due to hack/search-bots

Heya,

we're trying to catch all errors caused by hack & search-bots on our
wicket-app. AFAIK these bots take existing links, chop 'em up in
smaller chunks and try to append all kind of ****. We've caught most
of the errors which result due to these bots, but this one still
stands:

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX - - [22/Dec/2008:00:03:37 +0100] "GET
/resources/org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WicketEventReference_false_61497/
HTTP/1.1" 404 952 "-" "-" "-"

Causing errors such as

2008-12-22 00:03:41,654 ERROR -
[TP-Processor7][org.apache.wicket.request.target.resource.SharedResourceRequestTarget:172]
unable to lazily register shared resource
org.apache.wicket.ajax.WicketAjaxReference_false_61497/
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.wicket.ajax.WicketAjaxReference_false_61497
      at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)

[...snip...]

So... any ideas to catch these errors?

Antoine

--
We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're

Re: error messages due to hack/search-bots

Posted by Antoine van Wel <an...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, actually you have a point.

Errors we've caught until now where mis-constructed URLs for pages;
those could be user errors too so we wanted to identify all places
where it could break and present a good feedback message to the user.
But in this particular case something/someone is clearly messing
around. Since these errors don't hurt, we don't want to be spammed by
error messages. Hence filtering this one out sounds like a good idea.
If somebody disagrees, then speak up now :-)

thanks !!

Antoine.

Posted by Sebastiaan van Erk <se...@sebster.com>.
I created a JIRA issue (with trivial patch).

Sebastiaan

Posted by Antoine van Wel <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Sparer <mi...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.