Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Wannheden, Knut" <kn...@paranor.ch> on 2003/01/23 10:46:51 UTC

[jelly] default namespace uri?

Hi,

browsing the Jelly code I noticed that the Jelly class and XMLParser class
both have a setDefaultNamespaceURI(String) method which sets the default
namespace URI to use for unprefixed elements.  Is this legacy code or can
someone think of a good example where this might be useful?

Cheers,

--
knut

Re: [jelly] default namespace uri?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Wannheden, Knut" <kn...@paranor.ch>
> browsing the Jelly code I noticed that the Jelly class and XMLParser class
> both have a setDefaultNamespaceURI(String) method which sets the default
> namespace URI to use for unprefixed elements.  Is this legacy code or can
> someone think of a good example where this might be useful?

I think this is for when Jelly is embedded in things like Latka or Maven
where no namespace can be bound to a specific custom tag library. e.g. to
use the Ant, Maven or Latka tag library if no namespace is specified.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/