Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by sa...@accenture.com on 2007/03/27 12:27:18 UTC

PorterStemFilter

Hi,

Lucene provides a PorterStemFilter which uses PorterStemmer.

Is there any way I can use a PorterStemFilter ( by extending it or
something) which uses porter2 stemming algorithm not the original porter
algorithm.

I know , this is possible using snowball filter but for some reason I
don't want to use it.

Thanks

Sandeep

Re: PorterStemFilter

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 3/27/07, sandeep chawla <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well in any case..
>
> is there a implemention of Porter2 Stemming algorithim in java..
>
> I dont want to make a snowballfilter based on snowball  English Stemmer.

You mean you don't want to use the snowball lucene-contrib package ?  Why not?

-Yonik

Re: PorterStemFilter

Posted by sandeep chawla <sa...@gmail.com>.
Well in any case..

On 27/03/07, thomas arni <ar...@zhwin.ch> wrote:

> Write your own analyzer, which calls the appropriate Filter in the
> method "tokenStream".
> In the method "tokenStream" you can define, how the input should be
> analyzed and parsed.
>
> Your analyzer must extend the abstract class Analyzer. The easiest way
> is to create a new class (Analyzer), which is a simple copy of the
> StandardAnalyzer, and expand it with the appropriate Filter in the
> method "tokenStream".
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> Thomas
>

> sandeep.chawla@accenture.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Lucene provides a PorterStemFilter which uses PorterStemmer.
> >

> > Is there any way I can use a PorterStemFilter ( by extending it or
> > something) which uses porter2 stemming algorithm not the original porter
> > algorithm.
> >

> > I know , this is possible using snowball filter but for some reason I
> > don't want to use it.
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Sandeep
> >

> > This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

SANDEEP CHAWLA
House no. 71
2nd main road
Koramangala 1st Block