Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roberts Huw <hu...@capco.com> on 2001/04/23 21:55:46 UTC

Authorisation using basic http auth. under tomcat with apache and mod_jk?

Hi all,

I am having a problem with the response to request.getRemoteUser() returning
null.
I'm using tomcat 3_3-m1 and I'm pretty sure I've got mod_jk.conf and
httpd.conf
set up okay.  Apache knows (the evidence is in access_log) that the user is
set up and
authorised, but in my servlet, getRemoteUser is returning null.  Do I have
to have an
ajp13 connection configured in order to use getRemoteUser?

Any bright ideas?  I've checked the mail lists, and none of the obvious
answer are
obviously helpful.

Thanks,
Huw
Huw Roberts
Capco
T +44 20 7367 1364
F +44 20 7367 1001
e-mail mailto:huw.roberts@capco.com
web      http://www.capco.com/

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
the views of Capco.

http://www.capco.com