Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ian Brown <ia...@printsoft.de> on 2004/02/20 12:49:38 UTC

beta 2 with J2EETM 1.4

Hello, I have a new user question about the latest beta 2.

I have tried the tomcat 5 bundled release and that works fine. I don't
really understand how to configure the authentication though, so I
thought I would give it a try with the Sun Application server as shipped
with the latest Java 1.4 Enterprise SDK (that has a nicer web based
admin).

To do this, I downloaded jakarta-slide-server-2.0b1.zip, unzipped it and
copied the war files into the autodeploy directory of the Sun App server
(C:\Sun\AppServer\domains\domain1\autodeploy).

If I now point internet explorer (6.0.2800.1106) at
http://localhost:8080/slide/ I get an exception error (see below).
This is the Sun J2EE SDK right out of the box and installed on Windows
2000 (latest services packs and fixes). Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Ian

HTTP Status 500 -

--------

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.init(WebdavServlet.java:279)
	javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)

org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.init(WebdavServlet.java:197)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

a:39)

Impl.java:25)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:284)
	java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:500)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:306)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.jav
a:200)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.jav
a:153)

:175)

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:577
)

com.sun.enterprise.webservice.EjbWebServiceValve.invoke(EjbWebServiceVal
ve.java:134)

com.sun.enterprise.security.web.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:25
4)

com.sun.enterprise.web.VirtualServerValve.invoke(VirtualServerValve.java
:209)

com.sun.enterprise.web.VirtualServerMappingValve.invoke(VirtualServerMap
pingValve.java:166)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:207)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:64
8)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:498)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:57
5)

.java:649)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the J2EETM
1.4 Application Server logs.

--------

J2EETM 1.4 Application Server

Re: beta 2 with J2EETM 1.4

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
I have never tested it with the Sun Application server, so maybe it
simply does not work at all.

Anyone else, any experience?

Oliver