Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aditya Kumar <0a...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/09 14:29:29 UTC

Apache Tomcat wire logging does not show POST data payload

I edited my log4j2.xml to include these lines:

<Logger name="org.apache.http.wire" level="DEBUG">
    <AppenderRef ref="serverlog"/>
</Logger>

Now in my defined serverlog I see the http wire traffic I am after. However
there is one problem. For POST requests from my Tomcat server I can only
see request/response HTTP headers. I cannot see the POST data payload.

Is there a way to get this logged too?

Re: Apache Tomcat wire logging does not show POST data payload

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Aditya,

On 3/9/23 09:29, Aditya Kumar wrote:
> I edited my log4j2.xml to include these lines:
>
> <Logger name="org.apache.http.wire" level="DEBUG">
>      <AppenderRef ref="serverlog"/>
> </Logger>
>
> Now in my defined serverlog I see the http wire traffic I am after. However
> there is one problem. For POST requests from my Tomcat server I can only
> see request/response HTTP headers. I cannot see the POST data payload.
>
> Is there a way to get this logged too?

Tomcat doesn't have anything to do with this kind of connection or
logging. I think you want to post your question to either the
http-client or log4j mailing lists.

-chris