Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by robert rowntree <ro...@mindspring.com> on 2002/03/21 06:17:01 UTC

petstore 1.3 on Tomcat 4 as J2EE server

without running the J2EE server that comes with the "J2SDKEE1.3" download, I tried deploying the Petstore app. directly to a running instance of Tomcat 4.04. and got ANT 1.4.1 deployment errors like:

     [java] Error: Could not connect to localhost - javax.naming.ConfigurationException: Invalid object reference: corbaloc:iiop:localhost:1050/NameService [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.INV_OBJREF:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 201  complete
*** end error ***

Isn't enough of the J2EE stuff  built in Tomcat4 so that I could just use the "localhost" instance of tomcat in place of the J2EE server that is bundled with the Petstore. I checked docs. for Tomcat and for config attrs. like "useNaming" that allude to built in J2EE stuff in the InitialContexts from the container.

My question is what options do i have to run J2EE sample apps. directly on Tomcat4.0.4 as a J2EE implementation?

Full Error from Attempted Ant deploy of the Petstore's "setup.xml" deploy target:

Could not connect to localhost
javax.naming.ConfigurationException: Invalid object reference: corbaloc:iiop:localhost:1050/NameService [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.INV_OBJREF:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 201  completed: No]
javax.naming.ConfigurationException: Invalid object reference: corbaloc:iiop:localhost:1050/NameService.  Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.INV_OBJREF:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 201  completed: No
 at com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.ORB.string_to_object(ORB.java:1952)
 at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.setOrbAndRootContext(CNCtx.java:338)
 at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.initUsingCorbanameUrl(CNCtx.java:321)
 at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.initUsingUrl(CNCtx.java:247)
 at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.createUsingURL(CNCtx.java:85)
 at com.sun.jndi.url.iiop.iiopURLContextFactory.getUsingURLIgnoreRest(iiopURLContextFactory.java:56)
 at com.sun.jndi.url.iiop.iiopURLContext.getRootURLContext(iiopURLContext.java:44)
 at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:182)
 at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
 at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.main.ServerManager.getJarInstaller(ServerManager.java:573)
 at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.main.ServerManager.isInstalled(ServerManager.java:380)
 at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.main.Main.main(Main.java:134)

tomcat4.0.3 init startup script for solaris 8?

Posted by C Cayetano <kd...@ccayetano.com>.
All,

Does anyone have a stable init startup script for Tomcat 4.0.3 under Solaris
8? I've made serveral efforts to create one, but have been unsuccessful.

Thanks