Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martín Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar> on 2003/07/01 15:47:22 UTC

Accessing databases...

Hi, could anyone tell me which's the best way to access databases within a
tomcat webapp?? is it better to use beans or scriptlets?

thanks...

Re: Accessing databases...

Posted by Micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
I wholeheartedly endorse this approach, using value objects and a composite
entity pattern.  The book on j2ee patterns shows a lot on how to do all
this.  It is a really valuable book if followed.

At 11:38 AM 7/1/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Depending on your app, you might find the the Data Access Object design
>pattern useful:
>
>http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/DataAccessObject.html
>

>At 7/1/2003 10:47 AM, you wrote:
>>Hi, could anyone tell me which's the best way to access databases within a
>>tomcat webapp?? is it better to use beans or scriptlets?
>>
>>thanks...

LEGAL NOTICE

you

Re: Accessing databases...