Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Marc A. Donis" <ma...@runbox.com> on 2007/11/04 18:12:56 UTC

T5.0.6: validaiton on select

Hi again,

I'm having a problem getting the select component to validate.  I do:

<t:select t:validate="required" t:model="model" ... etc />

where model is defined by:

   SelectModel model = new SelectModelImpl(new
LinkedList<OptionGroupModel>(), new LinkedList<OptionModel>());

   model.getOptions().add(new OptionModelImpl(NO_VALUE_STR, false, null));
   model.getOptions().add(new OptionModelImpl("option 1", false, "1"));
   model.getOptions().add(new OptionModelImpl("option 2", false, "2"));

which seems very simple, but it does not validate.  If I select null in the
list and submit the enclosing form, no validation message is displayed
client-side, and no validation takes place on the server, either.

Thoughts?

Thanks again,
Marc

Re: T5.0.6: validaiton on select

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
Try passing an empty string as the value instead of null.

Are other fields in the form validating correctly?

Josh

On Nov 4, 2007 9:12 AM, Marc A. Donis <ma...@runbox.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I'm having a problem getting the select component to validate.  I do:
>
> <t:select t:validate="required" t:model="model" ... etc />
>
> where model is defined by:
>
>   SelectModel model = new SelectModelImpl(new
> LinkedList<OptionGroupModel>(), new LinkedList<OptionModel>());
>
>   model.getOptions().add(new OptionModelImpl(NO_VALUE_STR, false, null));
>   model.getOptions().add(new OptionModelImpl("option 1", false, "1"));
>   model.getOptions().add(new OptionModelImpl("option 2", false, "2"));
>

> which seems very simple, but it does not validate.  If I select null in
> the
> list and submit the enclosing form, no validation message is displayed
> client-side, and no validation takes place on the server, either.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks again,
> Marc

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.