Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us> on 2011/06/22 18:30:30 UTC

Contributed modules to Tapestry

I agree with Taha here.

I think Tapestry needs THE one place to put contributing modules.
'Put it on GitHub' isn't good enough.

One of the guys who works for me came from microsoft world,
and he constantly complains that everything is very hard to find.
I am teaching him the 'right' unix way of doing things but I am starting
to feel his pain when it comes to finding tapestry contributing components.

Re: Contributed modules to Tapestry

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bob

If I have to create such an application for components, I will just use
database driven tapestry application with each component contributing

1. A component block to show the usage
2. A help block to show the usage etc

The application will keep track of its level, ratings etc in a database.
Search, filtering etc can be then be added..

regards
Taha

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
I would love to be part of any such project.

taha

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Robert Zeigler <robert.zeigler@roxanemy.com

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.

Posted by David Woods <dw...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a great idea.  I'd also suggest a region where people can
suggest new components, and these can be discussed and voted on, so that
those who want to can choose a project that will have the greatest impact.

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us> wrote:
> I agree with Taha here.
>
> I think Tapestry needs THE one place to put contributing modules.
> 'Put it on GitHub' isn't good enough.
>
> One of the guys who works for me came from microsoft world,
> and he constantly complains that everything is very hard to find.
> I am teaching him the 'right' unix way of doing things but I am starting
> to feel his pain when it comes to finding tapestry contributing components.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Contributed modules to Tapestry

Posted by "Angelo C." <an...@gmail.com>.
whatever as long as we can find it:) issue this time is, Taha has a nice
module, I came across his posting before and book marked it as I know, I'd
use it sometimes, but when the time comes to use, it is not there any more.

Re: Contributed modules to Tapestry

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Forcing anything is a bad idea IMHO. Not everyone uses git as a source control system for one.

Posted by "Angelo C." <an...@gmail.com>.