Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Dong Wenyu <wy...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/02 18:05:30 UTC

How to make Tomcat 4.01 + Apache http server 1.3.19 work?

I have been confused for weeks about Tomcat 4.01 +
Apache http server 1.3.19, and I think there are many
kind people here.

1, Does Tomact 4.01 alone support servlet already?
Does it necessary to install JServ in addition as the
case with Tomcat 3.x?

2, Many books recommend the configuration of Tomcat +
Apache http server. Does it make any sense? Couldn't
Tomcat 4.01 alone serve as a http server?

3, Anyone would give me instructions to connect Tomcat
4.01 + Apache http server 1.3.19 ?  Or is there
webpages to find them?

Thank you very much in advance.

sincerely,
Dong Wenyu

RE: How to make Tomcat 4.01 + Apache http server 1.3.19 work?

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
The best place to post a question like this is the Tomcat list.
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

  ~Gerhard

In the beginning there was nothing... then even *that* exploded!