Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Gromar <gr...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2006/02/09 12:38:52 UTC

Deploy plan problem

Hello all.

I have tried to deploy plan (attachmet) and I have got and error

    Error: Unable to distribute plan1.xml:

        1

Can somebody help please?

Thank you,

Regards,
Martin

Re: Deploy plan problem

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
For what it's worth, we've put in a fix to at least give a more
intelligent error when it's unable to parse the dependency URI, so
that'll be in the next release.

In the mean time, if your file is:

repository/foo/jars/bar-1.2.3.jar

Then the dependency URI should be "foo/bar/1.2.3" or
"foo/bar/1.2.3/jar" -- so there should be either 3 or 4 parts
separated by slashes.  The last part is currently optional and
defaults to "jar".

To give another example, if the file was
repository/foo/rars/bar-2.3.4.rar then the URI would be
foo/bar/2.3.4/rar and the 4th component would not be optional since
it's not the default value of "jar".

If you just have an arbitrary JAR file such as mysql-jdbc-1.2.3.jar
that you want to put in the repository, then you should create the
structure repository/mysql/jars or repository/mysql-jdbc/jars and put
the JAR in that directory and then use the URI syntax as described
above.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Re: Deploy plan problem