Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Stutzman, David K CTR USARMY CCDC C5ISR (USA)" <da...@mail.mil.INVALID> on 2020/03/11 12:18:26 UTC

Payara Logging issue

Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with an issue we've been seeing.  Ever since 11.0 came out the console logging for the Payara Server seems to be getting parsed incorrectly.

We've been using SLF4J/Logback and <=NB 10.0 this has worked great.  Once 11.0 came out it appears that all of the log messages from Payara that are displayed in the NB console have |#] at the end and all of our application log messages come out empty with just |#] on the line.  If I switch to the slf4j-jdk14 logging implementation I at least get my log messages (without the logback formatting we've come to expect), but no level information whatsoever and all the lines *still* have the |#] at the end.

Since 11.3 just came out I was eager to test it out but alas the problem persists.  I previously found a bug filed by someone else (NETBEANS-3042) and I added some comments a while back and just this morning.

We see this problem on Linux and Windows, JDK version doesn't seem to matter (8, 11,13),  Payara version doesn't seem to matter (tried everything from 5.183 on up to latest 5.201).

I futzed around with the Payara logging settings yesterday like changing the formats, multi-line output on/off, etc and could only break things further, not improve the situation.