Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "James T. Studebaker" <jt...@jimstudebaker.org> on 2005/03/17 02:37:18 UTC

Configuration of https in tomcat failure

Leaves

I have tried over and over again to configure https for tomcat using the instructions found on the apache tomcat web site.  I am unable to get https to work.  I am running tomcat on a linux core 2 server, version 5.0.28 tomcat and version 1.4.2_05 jdk.  I am lost.  Help.

Thank you
James T. Studebaker

Re: Configuration of https in tomcat failure

Posted by joelsherriff <jo...@comcast.net>.
LeavesTry these instructions - they are specificly for SOAP, but the instructions apply to just plain ole tomcat & SSL..  When you get to Step 3,
ignore the instructions and just go to your server.xml file and uncomment the connector for port 8443.

http://ws.apache.org/soap/docs/install/FAQ_Tomcat_SOAP_SSL.html

Now, if someone could help me get client authentication to work...