Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Long <ml...@bizjournals.com> on 2012/11/12 18:41:50 UTC

Admin Permissions

I really like the new admin in solr 4.0, but specifically I don't want
developers to be able to unload, rename, swap, reload, optimize, or add
core.

Any ideas on how I could still give access to the rest of the admin
without giving access to these? It is very helpful for them to have
access to the Query, Analysis, etc.

Re: Admin Permissions

Posted by Juan Carlos Serrano <jc...@gmail.com>.
Basic http authentication can use to filter the accesses to different
urlas you want, so you can allow access
to the Query, Analysis, etc and Admin ban

Re: Admin Permissions

Posted by Michael Long <ml...@bizjournals.com>.
I figured out you can disable the core admin in solr.xml, but then it
breaks the admin as apparently it relies on that.

I tried tomcat security but haven't been able to make it work

I think as this point I may just write a query/debugging app that the
developers could use

Re: Admin Permissions

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.