Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Peter L. Berghold" <pe...@berghold.net> on 2018/10/22 20:40:04 UTC

KAM_RAPTOR and other dependencies...

I've seen the following message and others similar:
spamd[20463]: rules: meta test KAM_VERY_MALWARE has dependency
'KAM_RAPTOR' with a zero score

what is spamassassin trying to tell me?

--

Peter L. Berghold                                 <pe...@berghold.net>
Professonally: IT Professional (DevOps, Puppet, Perl...)

Re: KAM_RAPTOR and other dependencies...

Posted by Dominic Raferd <do...@timedicer.co.uk>.
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 22:44, Kevin A. McGrail <km...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 10/25/2018 1:07 AM, Dominic Raferd wrote:
>
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 14:22, Kevin A. McGrail <km...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> It means I forgot to encapsulate that rule in a plugin check.  Download
>> the latest KAM.cf and you'll be good.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 4:40 PM Peter L. Berghold <pe...@berghold.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've seen the following message and others similar:
>>> spamd[20463]: rules: meta test KAM_VERY_MALWARE has dependency
>>> 'KAM_RAPTOR' with a zero score
>>>
>>> what is spamassassin trying to tell me?
>>>

> I am seeing 19 of these messages every day when
> /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin runs under anacron (Ubuntu 18.04.1,
> SpamAssassin 3.4.1, Perl 5.26.1). I am using the latest KAM.cf from
> http://www.mcgrail.com/downloads/KAM.cf which I added to
> /etc/spamassassin. The dependencies with zero score are:
> CBJ_GiveMeABreak
> KAM_IFRAME
> KAM_RAPTOR
> KAM_RPTR_PASSED
> KAM_RPTR_SUSPECT
>
> Should I ignore these messages (by modifying /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin)?
>
> Suggest you look at the KAM.cf and get the nonKAMrules.cf file mentioned
> will get rid of a warning or two.  The other warnings on the daily update
> are fine.  It has to do with the fact that I maintain KAM.cf as a single
> source for both internal usage and for the world at large.  So those using
> it externally get some warnings that we don't see internally.

Thanks I will do that now and I have edited /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin so
I don't see those specific info messages.

Re: KAM_RAPTOR and other dependencies...

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
On 10/25/2018 1:07 AM, Dominic Raferd wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 14:22, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail@apache.org
> <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     It means I forgot to encapsulate that rule in a plugin check.
>     Download the latest KAM.cf and you'll be good.
>
>     On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 4:40 PM Peter L. Berghold
>     <peter@berghold.net <ma...@berghold.net>> wrote:
>
>         I've seen the following message and others similar:
>         spamd[20463]: rules: meta test KAM_VERY_MALWARE has dependency
>         'KAM_RAPTOR' with a zero score
>
>         what is spamassassin trying to tell me?
>

> I am seeing 19 of these messages every day when
> /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin runs under anacron (Ubuntu 18.04.1,
> SpamAssassin 3.4.1, Perl 5.26.1). I am using the latest KAM.cf
> from http://www.mcgrail.com/downloads/KAM.cf which I added to
> /etc/spamassassin. The dependencies with zero score are:
> CBJ_GiveMeABreak
> KAM_IFRAME
> KAM_RAPTOR
> KAM_RPTR_PASSED
> KAM_RPTR_SUSPECT
>
> Should I ignore these messages (by modifying
> /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin)?

Suggest you look at the KAM.cf and get the nonKAMrules.cf file mentioned
will get rid of a warning or two.  The other warnings on the daily
update are fine.  It has to do with the fact that I maintain KAM.cf as a
single source for both internal usage and for the world at large.  So
those using it externally get some warnings that we don't see internally.

However, warnings in the spamd logs when I use a rule I shouldn't
without encapsulation is a problem.  That was a bug.

Regards,
KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation

Re: KAM_RAPTOR and other dependencies...

Posted by Dominic Raferd <do...@timedicer.co.uk>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.