Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Vivian Dao <vd...@excite.com> on 1999/10/19 02:02:54 UTC

os-hpux/5167: Can't compile

>Number:         5167
>Category:       os-hpux
>Synopsis:       Can't compile
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
This is the output after running ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache_1.3.9
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.9
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
Sorry, but we cannot grok "hp9000_770-hpux10.20"
uname -m
9000/770
uname -r
B.10.20
uname -s
HP-UX
uname -v
uname: illegal option -- X
usage: uname [-amnrsvil] [-S nodename]
uname -X
Ideally, read the file PORTING, do what it says, and send the
resulting patches to The Apache Group by filling out a report
form at http://www.apache.org/bug_report.html. If you don't
wish to do the port yourself, please submit this output rather
than the patches. Thank you.

Pressing on with the build process, but all bets are off.
Do not be surprised if it fails. If it works, and even
if it does not, please contact the above address.

 + configured for Unknown and unsupported OS platform
 + setting C compiler to cc
 + setting C pre-processor to cc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
 Aborting!
>How-To-Repeat:
Just run that "configure" command on a hpux system
>Fix:
we might have to change something in the configure file so that it will understand the OS of this HPUX system.
I am not good at c shell script.  I hope that u guys will have some expert on this field.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]