Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/11/17 07:08:04 UTC

BugRat Report #402 has been filed.

Bug report #402 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/402>

REPORT #402 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: Tomcat 3.1
   JVM Release: JDK 1.3
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: 4.0
   Platform: Pentium 233 MMX

Synopsis:
JSP include causes IllegalStateException: Cannot forward as OutputStream or Writer has already been obtained

Hello
 I am using Tomcat 3.1 with IIS 4.0 on Windows NT 4.0 Pentium 233 MMX machine and JDK 1.3 .
 When I include a JSP file in another JSP file the page does not come properly.
 It shows an 'IllegalStateException: Cannot forward as OutputStream or Writer has already been obtained'.
 I have a file login.jsp which validates a user and on successful login includes another JSP file depending upon the type of user. The following error is reported

IllegalStateException: Cannot forward as OutputStream or Writer has already been obtained

The same file i had been able to run on a win 98 machine with PWS 4.0 JDK 1.2.2 and Pentium Pro 200.

Please help me to solve this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Jimmy