Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@apache.org> on 2015/03/30 12:23:20 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex SDK 4.14.1 is released

The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Flex SDK 4.14.1

The update has these new features and the following bug fixes:

FLEX-34772  Add padding property to VerticalLayout/VGroup,
HorizontalLayout/HGroup and TileLayout/TileGroup
FLEX-34712  Callout loses anchor to CalloutButton while callout open
and screen rotates
FLEX-34714  Fix to continue using legacy mobile theme removes iOS
status bar padding
FLEX-34746  Upscaling BusyIndicator leads to wrong rotation centre
FLEX-34748  Spark ActionBar chromeColor is ignored in Flex 14
FLEX-34750  BusyIndicatorSkin does not work with mx:Application
FLEX-34758  IOS buttons does not look correct when disabled
FLEX-34766  Android Button Skin transparency issue
FLEX-34778  Application hangs when opening node, closing it, then
replacing one of its children
FLEX-34774  Blur effect remains if first modal Popup closes before
other modal Popups
FLEX-34732  TextInput/TextArea with borderColor style set gives
compiler warnings
FLEX-34805  Unable to set chromeColor property on TabbedViewNavigatorApplication
FLEX-34806  Warning about font embedding on label component
FLEX-34759  ArrayList/ArrayCollection performance improvements

For more details, see the release notes at:

    http://www.apache.org/dist/flex/4.14.1/RELEASE_NOTES

It is recommended that you install this version of the Apache Flex SDK
using the Apache Flex SDK Installer:

    http://flex.apache.org/installer.html

The Apache Flex SDK is available as source from the following download page:

    http://flex.apache.org/download-source.html

After downloading, please remember to verify the files using
signatures and MD5 hashes.

The Apache Flex SDK is a highly productive, open source application
framework for building and maintaining expressive applications that
deploy consistently on all major browsers, desktops and devices
(including smartphones, tablets and TVs).

For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:

    http://flex.apache.org

The Apache Flex Community

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex SDK 4.14.1 is released

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

Good job! Congratulations!

I've just spreaded the word in Poland. ;)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex SDK 4.14.1 is released

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
I love such comments!!! :)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Flex SDK 4.14.1 is released

Posted by "okrueger@edscha.com" <OK...@edscha.com>.
I installed it without any problems and my applications are still running
using it :-)
Thank you!!!

Olaf

Re: Android device visual problems with SDK 4.14.1

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@gmail.com>.
In 4.14, we updated the mobile skins to look closer to the default skins
provided by the OS.  We did include a compiler option that will bring back
the old default.

More information can be found at :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=50856172

-Nick

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@gmail.com>.
Sorry -- didn't notice that it was cc'ed to more than one mailing list.

-Nick

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jerry Hamby <je...@vdex.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Official tweet here:
https://twitter.com/ApacheFlex/status/582970078649585664

Please retweet!

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hey, it looks like binaries have not propagated to  all the mirrors yet.  I
would advice you to try it after 24 hours.  Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Guckelsberger, Günter <gu...@mapletec.de>.
Hi Erik,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Official tweet here:

Posted by Tonic <an...@hotmail.fr>.
Hi Erik,

with Apache Flex SDK 4.14.1, and Flash Player 11.2 and Air 3.2, there is a
problem :

Version 3.1.0 (windows)
Using Locale: fr_FR
L'URL de téléchargement du SDK à été récupérée à partir du CGI.
AIR version 3.2
Flash Player version 11.2
Creation du dossier racine d'Apache Flex
Création du répertoire temporaire
Téléchargement d'Apache Flex SDK à partir de:
http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/apache/flex/4.14.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.14.1-bin.zip
Vérification de la signature Apache Flex SDK MD5
La Signature MD5 des fichiers téléchargés pour le SDK Apache Flex correspond
à la référence. Le fichier est valide.
Décompression:
D:\[SDKS]\flex_sdk_4.14.1_fp_11.2_air_3.2\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.14.1-bin.zip
Décompression
terminée:D:\[SDKS]\flex_sdk_4.14.1_fp_11.2_air_3.2\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.14.1-bin.zip
Téléchargement d'Adobe AIR Runtime Kit pour Windows à partir de:
http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/3.2//AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Décompression terminée:
D:\[SDKS]\flex_sdk_4.14.1_fp_11.2_air_3.2/in/AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Installation d'Adobe Flash Player playerglobal.swc à partir de:
http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/updaters/11//playerglobal11_2.swc
Validating download:
D:\[SDKS]\flex_sdk_4.14.1_fp_11.2_air_3.2/frameworks/libs/player/11.2/playerglobal.swc
Téléchargement 2.2.zip de: https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive
Validating download:
D:\[SDKS]\flex_sdk_4.14.1_fp_11.2_air_3.2/in/swfobject_2_2.zip
Téléchargement terminé
Téléchargement OSMF2_0.swc?format=raw de:
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/frameworks/libs
Validating download:
D:\[SDKS]\flex_sdk_4.14.1_fp_11.2_air_3.2/frameworks/libs/osmf.swc
Téléchargement afe.jar?format=raw de:
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/lib
Validating download:
D:\[SDKS]\flex_sdk_4.14.1_fp_11.2_air_3.2/lib/external/optional/afe.jar
Téléchargement aglj40.jar?format=raw de:
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/flexsdk/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/lib
Validating download:
D:\[SDKS]\flex_sdk_4.14.1_fp_11.2_air_3.2/lib/external/optional/aglj40.jar
aglj40.jar download failed

-----
Tonic
Twitter