Posted to events@mxnet.apache.org by "Mueller, Jonas" <jo...@amazon.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/21 02:30:15 UTC

Talk Abstract for MXNet day: AutoGluon

Hi, I’m writing to submit an abstract for a proposed talk for Apache MXNet day.

Thanks for your consideration!
Jonas

Talk Title: AutoGluon: Powerful and Easy-to-use AutoML for Text, Image, and Tabular Data

Talk Abstract:

AutoGluon<https://github.com/awslabs/autogluon/> is an open-source software toolkit to automate machine learning (ML) on image, text, and tabular data (built on top of MXNet).  With a couple lines of Python code, anybody can translate their raw data into highly accurate predictions, regardless of their ML expertise.  In comprehensive benchmarks<https://arxiv.org/pdf/2003.06505.pdf> over 50 datasets, AutoGluon produced significantly more accurate models (given the same runtime/compute) than other popular AutoML tools like TPOT, H2O, AutoWEKA, auto-sklearn, Google AutoML Tables.  In two prominent Kaggle competitions with tabular data, AutoGluon outperformed 99% of human data science teams after just being run for 4 hours on the raw data.  In comparisons with human data scientists on 4 image classification competitions from Kaggle<https://medium.com/@zhanghang0704/image-classification-on-kaggle-using-autogluon-fc896e74d7e8>, AutoGluon consistently ranked around the top 10%.  AutoGluon has also been used to win a number of internal prediction competitions at Amazon, and is being used in production for multiple applications.  This talk describes how AutoGluon achieves such strong predictive performance through state-of-the-art deep learning, hyperparameter-optimization, stack ensembling, and other modelling techniques.

Re: Talk Abstract for MXNet day: AutoGluon

Posted by Vartika Singh <va...@nvidia.com>.
This is perfect. Thank you so much Jonas!

On 12/11/20, 7:26 PM, "Mueller, Jonas" <jo...@amazon.com> wrote:

    External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

    (Thanks for forwarding Sheng).

    Hi Vartika, I've uploaded downloadable video link here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1wvr2184tjc0ca/autogluon%20-%20MXNet%20Day.mp4?dl=0

    Let me know if you need anything else.

    Thanks,
    Jonas

    PS. Here's a description in case you need it:

    AutoGluon: Open-source AutoML for Text, Image, and Tabular Data

    AutoGluon is an open-source software toolkit to automate machine learning (ML) on image, text, and tabular data (built on top of MXNet).  With a couple lines of Python code, anybody can translate their raw data into highly accurate predictions, regardless of their ML expertise.  In comprehensive benchmarks over 50 tabular datasets, AutoGluon produced significantly more accurate models (given the same runtime/compute) than other popular AutoML tools like TPOT, H2O, AutoWEKA, auto-sklearn, Google AutoML Tables.  In two prominent Kaggle competitions, AutoGluon outperformed 99% of human data science teams after just being run for 4 hours on the raw tabular data.  In comparisons with human data scientists on 4 image classification competitions from Kaggle, AutoGluon consistently ranked around the top 10%.  AutoGluon has also been used to win a number of internal prediction competitions at Amazon, and is being used in production for multiple applications.  This talk describes how AutoGluon achieves such strong predictive performance through state-of-the-art deep learning, hyperparameter-optimization, stack ensembling, and other modelling techniques.

    On 12/10/20, 12:39 PM, "Sheng Zha" <sz...@gmail.com> wrote:

        +Jonas

Posted by "Mueller, Jonas" <jo...@amazon.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sheng Zha <sz...@gmail.com>.