Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alex Jackson <al...@webjitsu.co.uk> on 2008/06/24 16:46:08 UTC

[users@httpd] shebang line in windows

I hope this is the right way to ask this question.

I have several issues getting scripts to run with the right interpreter.  I
am try to set up both logo and old dos basic for cgi.

It seems to me that there are two ways to direct a script to the right
program.  You can do it by associating the extension with the interpreter,
which seems to work on vista when the installer does it but not when I
choose to do it by hand.  Or apache will interpret the shebang line.  The
problem is that neither of those interpreters use hash/pound for a comment,
so the shebang line throws an error.

Is there a way to associate a file or a file type with a certain interpreter
through the apache config?

Alex

Re: [users@httpd] shebang line in windows

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Alex Jackson wrote:

> Is there a way to associate a file or a file type with a certain
> interpreter through the apache config?

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#scriptinterpretersource

although I know I was contemplating how to trick out wsh scripts to use
a shebang at one point and think I had succeeded.  I don't recall the magic,
now, it might have been a patch.  Use the registry-strict flavor so you
don't let people invoke notepad by browsing to readme.txt

> I have several issues getting scripts to run with the right
> interpreter.  I am try to set up both logo and old dos basic for cgi.

I don't believe you'll succeed at invoking 16 bit apps but I could be wrong.

Re: [users@httpd] shebang line in windows

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Alex Jackson <al...@webjitsu.co.uk> wrote:
> I have several issues getting scripts to run with the right interpreter.  I
> am try to set up both logo and old dos basic for cgi.
>
> Is there a way to associate a file or a file type with a certain interpreter
> through the apache config?

Maybe Action?

--
Eric Covener