Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by is...@polaris.co.in on 2008/09/11 08:37:48 UTC

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi,

In our application we are using FOP 0.20 to convert XML to PDF. I am
getting "Exception in thread 'main' java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" error. JVM
memory is 3 gb and physical memory is 16 gb.

On another machine with same configuration it is working fine.

There are 476 pages to be converted. It also contains image (gif  file) on
every page.

It gets converted successfully without image.

Is there any option in FOP to flush pdf generation so that memory is
cleared.

Please apologize  for any mistakes. Any help on this would be really
helpful.

| Thanks & Regards
| Ismail Khan
| Polaris Software Lab Limited

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polaris.co.in

Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
The memory usage tips for 0.95 also apply to the 0.20.x versions:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/running.html#memory
Some more tips can also be found in the mailing list archives.

If that doesn't help, I'd check if there's an improvement if you run
your document with FOP 0.95.

On 11.09.2008 08:37:48 ismail.khan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In our application we are using FOP 0.20 to convert XML to PDF. I am
> getting "Exception in thread 'main' java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" error. JVM
> memory is 3 gb and physical memory is 16 gb.
>
> On another machine with same configuration it is working fine.
>
> There are 476 pages to be converted. It also contains image (gif  file) on
> every page.
>
> It gets converted successfully without image.
>
> Is there any option in FOP to flush pdf generation so that memory is
> cleared.
>
> Please apologize  for any mistakes. Any help on this would be really
> helpful.
>
> | Thanks & Regards
> | Ismail Khan
> | Polaris Software Lab Limited