Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Barguje, Bharat, Vodafone Group" <Bh...@Vodafone.com> on 2019/03/20 09:49:30 UTC

Kafka issue

Hi Team,

I am using Apache Kafka stateful set, I have setup like 3 Zookeeper, 3 Kafka broker, Replication factor is 2.

I have 2 microservices with 2 kafka consumers, Kafka topic has 2 partition, I could see 1 consumer is dead as per the command to display consumer group, But it still processing the record.

So What is ahpepning is both the consumer is consuming from Partition 0, Can you please hekp me on this? I can setup a call if you need.

Thanks & Regards
[Vodafone]<http://www.vodafone.com/>

Bharat Barguje
Manager
Vodafone Shared Services India
Email: bharat.barguje@vodafone.com<ma...@vodafone.com>

C2 General

Re: Kafka issue

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
3 broker with replication factor 2 ? Isn't that already problematic?

Have you considered extending the partition as 3 (since you have 3
brokers), and give a try? Can you afford extension to 1 more broker?