Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2017/07/07 09:00:36 UTC

Re: uploading solr.xml to zk

> ERROR: cp is not a valid command!

Can you write the exact command you typed again?
Once solr.xml is in zookeeper, solr will find it automatically.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 7. jul. 2017 kl. 21.31 skrev imran@elogic.pk:
>
> The documentation says
>
> If you for example would like to keep your solr.xml in ZooKeeper to avoid having to copy it to every node's so
> lr_home directory, you can push it to ZooKeeper with the bin/solr utility (Unix example):
> bin/solr cp file:local/file/path/to/solr.xml zk:/solr.xml -z localhost:2181
>
> So Im trying to push the solr.xml my local zookeepr
>
> solr-6.4.1/bin/solr  file:/home/user1/solr/nodes/day1/solr/solr.xml zk:/solr.xml -z localhost:9983
>
> ERROR: cp is not a valid command!
>
> Afterwards
> When starting up a node how do we refer to the solr.xml inside zookeeper? Any examples?
>
> Thanks
> Imran
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

RE: uploading solr.xml to zk

Posted by im...@elogic.pk.
Thanks for the reply
This is the exact command on a RHEL 6 machine

solr-6.4.1/bin/solr cp file:/home/user1/solr/nodes/day1/solr/solr.xml zk:/solr.xml -z localhost:9983

I am following the documentation of 6.4.1

I am assuming if the solr.xml is present in zookeeper, we can point to an empty directory to start a node?

Regards,

Re: uploading solr.xml to zk

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Not quite right. That should be:

(note the ZK in the command). I'm surprised that you didn't get an
error message if that's the exact command.

solr-6.4.1/bin/solr zk cp
file:/home/user1/solr/nodes/day1/solr/solr.xml zk:/solr.xml -z
localhost:9983

Second possibility is that you have a chroot in there somewhere. How
do you start solr? Does the ZooKeeper ensemble end with just the port
or something like :9983/solr?

Finally, you should be able to verify that solr.xml is in ZK by the
admin UI>>cloud>>tree view.

Best,
Erick