Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2003/05/01 07:43:55 UTC

Re: Request Dispatcher Forward Session Problems

I agree with Yoav.  And your "solution" for broken browsers won't work:  The
;jsessionid=xxx token only works for the initial request, and not for
forwards and includes (for the very obvious security reasons).

If you *need* to support these broken browsers, then you will need to deal
with it in a custom Valve (and have a Tomcat-only solution).

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> wrote in message

Howdy,

>My application is handling requests from (mobile) browsers that support
>cookies and browsers that are not.
>Since some of the browsers (which doesn't support cookies) don't "like"
the
>URL rewriting links
>(i.e.
>http://127.0.0.1:8080/W/servlet/AdapterServlet;jsessionid=B97F59F894663
70EB

Are you saying you have browsers which do not conform to the HTTP
protocol (RFC 2616)?  The above http URL is legal and a browser that
supports HTTP is required to accept the above URL.

Let the server handle session integrity for you, via cookies or URL
rewriting or whatever: tomcat does this well automatically.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

sender.  Thank you.