Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Philip S. Constantinou" <pc...@stanford.edu> on 2007/08/14 20:49:43 UTC

Maven2 / Surefire problem

Hi folks -

I'm getting an exception running the "test" goal. I'm using testNG
following all the instructions (hopefully correctly) both on the Maven2
site and testNG maven site. Google hasn't turned up anything useful so I
figured I'd turn to the experts.

I've run both on Linux and Windows using Java 6.
The Tests and Classes compile fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards -
Phil

Stack trace follows:

[INFO] Trace
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:69)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:30)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:451)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:591)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.Commandline.execute(Commandline.java:653)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineUtils.executeCommandLine(CommandLineUtils.java:102)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineUtils.executeCommandLine(CommandLineUtils.java:89)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.fork(SurefireBooter.java:591)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.forkSuites(SurefireBoooter.java:422)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesForkOnce(SurefireBooter.java:322)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.run(SurefireBooter.java:212)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin.execute(SurefirePlugin.java:397)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
        at
        at
        at

Re: Maven2 / Surefire problem

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

I'm currently sticking with Surefire-Plugin 2.3 / TestNG 5.1 this
combination is working for me:

<project>
   [...]
   <dependencies>
     [...]
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
       <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
       <version>5.1</version>
       <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>
   </dependencies>

   <build>
     [...]
     <plugins>
       [...]
       <plugin>
         <version>2.3</version>
       </plugin>
     </plugins>
   </build>
</project>

-Tim

Re: Maven2 / Surefire problem

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
(these DNS issues are really starting to annoy me now...)
Without your complete code/project, its nearly impossible to say
whether your pom files will work or not. And I don't use TestNG
currently in any of my code, so I have nothing to test against...

Re: Maven2 / Surefire problem

Posted by "Philip S. Constantinou" <pc...@stanford.edu>.
Wayne -

Re: Maven2 / Surefire problem