Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de> on 2017/12/27 16:51:04 UTC

[DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Hi all,

I think there are a few little things left and maybe a few improvements
should be discussed. I think we should use a new thread to do this.

I think design of the room is almost finished with the latest chat
improvements just the a&a field is left.

    I think a&a should share the space with the user list. A&a should
    have the same with than the user list. When hidden user list has max
    height if a&a is visible user list should have reduced height
    (scrollbar if needed).

This is really the last thing that is missing in the design.

I will fetch up now all ideas from former threads that should be
discussed I think (no priority just how I find and remember them...).

    1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1791

    2. Redo Button for wb

    3.

        Additionally we have number of issues:
        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1613
        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-369
        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-370
        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-371
        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-374

        All this about introducing new room role: "Presenter"
        This role has less rights than Moderator, but more rights than "Draw
        on whiteboard"

    4. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1671
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1671> (I still
    need to test room files for this and there was an Idea for scheduled
    meetings to implement a kind of countdown (audio/video) till start time)

    5. We have implemented an area where the video pods "dock" when the
    meeting starts, although they can be repositioned at any time by the
    participants. See attached screenshot. the docking area is above the
    whiteboards.
    /
    /
    /Inline image 1

    /6. It would be great to implement an option, to put the video-pod
    of a given moderator (presenter? see 3.) to a fixed position on the
    whiteboard in a presentation room. This is the place where the
    video-pod of the moderator should be displayed. The moderator just
    leave this part in his presentation blank and is visible for the
    audience. I think for a normal presentation this should be the
    default case for the audience. Max whiteboard and chat and the rest
    is minimized or hidden.

    7. user-list sorting by name and by latest actions

    8. dynamic room layouts

        commented till now "

        I'm afraid functionality like this "Then the moderator has the
        ability to change the layout to his needs"
        requires sort of templating ....
        So CSS dynamically created by one user will be applied to others
        "

    That's all things I found in the discussions. If I missed something
    pleas add here. And lets start think about what is implementable and
    what is the priority for this.

    Greetings Peter

Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Just have checked "dot issue"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1809
Thanks for pointing this out :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Posted by ‫محمد تشکری‬‎ <mt...@gmail.com>.
I agree to webrtc too
> On Mar 6, 2018, at 11:30, Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> @Ed
> I agree, the next key feature has to be WebRTC. But html5 room and its design is going on now. And this will be the one people work with... Most of them dosn't care about flash/WebRTC/java...  as long as the browser doesn't complain... but this will happen in the near future...
>
> My point is to think about those things today. At least to keep the possibility to add those things later on...
>
> @Maxim
> "Duplicate" something sounds good, this could mean to reuse a lot of code... Maybe we could take this solution as a starting point, and learn a bit how to use it and flie a jira "fixed for 6.x.x." something like "search and add feasible js library to enhance polls". This would be something like you did with the math support for the whiteboard, I think.
>
> Greetings Peter
>

> Am 06.03.2018 um 07:36 schrieb Maxim Solodovnik:
>> I would love to work on improving technology stack, but unfortunately
>> it is hardly possible :(
>> Our users/customers will not wait, required features need to be added
>> "in parallel"
>>
>> @Peter
>> The easiest way to add functionality you asking for, would be
>> "Duplicate" button for the archived poll
>> this way any "Archived" poll can be duplicated and made active in a single click
>>
>> As an option "Duplicate" can fill "new poll" dialog with the details
>> of archived poll, so some details can be changed
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 2:34 AM, BBS Technik <do...@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I think the flexible query function is a useful improvement for working with OM.
>>>
>>> But at the moment, I believe that working on the WebRTC implementation is much more important. Otherwise, flash will soon be an absolute show stopper.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Ed
>>>
>>> Gesendet: Montag, 05. März 2018 um 09:20 Uhr
>>> Von: "Peter Dähn" <da...@vcrp.de>
>>> An: user@openmeetings.apache.org
>>> Betreff: Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room
>>>
>>> Hello together,
>>>
>>> I think Maxim did a great job with the html5 room. And it is a huge step to get rid of flash. Thanks so far.
>>>
>>> Now I would like to get some feedback/opinions for point 3 a bit underneath.
>>>
>>> "
>>> 3. Polls are just fine in the place where they are now. These Polls (my understanding) are something that a teacher prepare BEFORE the session start as a part of the the given class. And there need to be more than yes/no and probably it is important to save this results .
>>> "
>>>
>>> I think beside the quick poll right now (thanks for that) there should be a tool to prepare some questions before the session starts. And to a given time during the presentation one just need to choose the right one. Yes/no and 1 to 10 could be complemented by sc and mc questions. Maybe someone knows a given JS library that could do the job...
>>>
>>> By now I would like to know if this sounds useful for you.
>>>
>>> Greetings Peter
>>>
>>> Am 29.12.2017 um 11:35 schrieb Peter Dähn:ok.. graphic is also not mine... just a bit gimp to put my things together... ;-)
>>>
>>> I took the painting icon somewhere... it was a free thing... but I need to find it again. Anyway... the "call for logo" was one of the most used threads I think... maybe one of the "painter" can help us...
>>>
>>> I think collect that painting tools and hide it if not used will reduce the size of the wb toolbar. Would make sense for me.
>>>
>>> +1 for new menu item. Icon, maybe one could help here too... And I think Vote and display result on the overlay is perfect
>>>

>>> So if one talented painter is reading this... We would need 2 icons. One to collect painting tools and one to get feedback... ;-)
>>>

>>> Am 29.12.2017 um 09:39 schrieb Maxim Solodovnik:
>>> I'm not good enough with graphical editor, this is why I'm asking for icon :)))
>>> I can implement new toolbar with all graphical tools available by click on this new icon
>>> And we can collect some feedback (hopefully)
>>>
>>> According to new menu group
>>> Maybe it worth to create new menu item (under new group) like "Get feedback"
>>> Then voting can be performed by clicking on new "semitransparent overlay"
>>> This same "semitransparent overlay" will display results and contains control to stop quick-vote (available to moderators only)
>>>
>>> This way regular user and moderators can vote
>>> Only moderator can start/stop quick vote
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Peter Dähn <daehn@vcrp.de[mailto:daehn@vcrp.de]> wrote:
>>> Hi Maxim,
>>>
>>> 1. There was one thread where was asked for a reduced/minimized toolbar. So I made this mock-up. I just used the Picture right now. But it doesn't need to be like that.
>>> 2. Yes asked by voice
> [...]
>>>
>>> 7. user-list sorting by name and by latest actions
>>>
>>> 8. dynamic room layoutscommented till now "
>>>
>>> I'm afraid functionality like this "Then the moderator has the ability to change the layout to his needs"
>>> requires sort of templating ....
>>> So CSS dynamically created by one user will be applied to others ...."
>>> That's all things I found in the discussions. If I missed something pleas add here. And lets start think about what is implementable and what is the priority for this.

‫محمد تشکری‬‎
مشاور راهکارهای جامع فاوا

Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Peter,

could you file JIRA regarding Poll duplicate button?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Hello,

Re: Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Aw: Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Hello together,

Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.

Re: [DISCUSSION] HTML5 room

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm not good enough with graphical editor, this is why I'm asking for icon
:)))

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax