Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by jo...@eircom.net on 2002/06/20 18:18:10 UTC

Problem

Hi,
i am using J2SDK 1.4 and Tomcat.  I'm a little new to XML.  The version of Tomcat I am using uses the Xerces parser.  But how do I use it?  I know the J2SDK 1.4 edition has JAXP 1.1 built in to it but how so I use that as well?  What commands do I use?  Sorry but its all a bit confusing to me?  I've read many websites that say to place the appropriate JAR files in certain "endorsed directories" but I cann't see why if J2SDK 1.4 edition already has JAXP 1.1 in built.
I've written an XML file (from a book just to see whats going on) but I'm not sure what to do next.  I wrote a SAX parser program in Java and the tutorial says compile it but I can't.
Any help on any of this is greatly appreciated