Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by "Bain, Michael" <Mi...@McKesson.com> on 2004/03/26 22:11:12 UTC

Potential Enhancement

Is it possible to get the getSaveString() method of the
com.workingdogs.village.Record object exposed via the BasePeer object?  We
are having the occasional insert/update rejected saying that required fields
are null, but the subsequent object dump that we have written shows those
fields having values.  It would be great to be able to get to the exact SQL
that was being executed to cause the error in question, but it doesn't look
like I can do that outside of modifying a local version of BasePeer and
recompiling the Torque jar.  With this getSaveString() method exposed, I
should be able to represent the exact SQL string, even though it would be a
subsequent call.

Thanks...Mike

message.