Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/04 19:31:43 UTC

Pivot with Google Guice

Hi all:

For a project of mine, I've written a BXMLModule for use with Google
Guice.  It scans your BXML hierarchy and binds any objects with
bxml:id attributes to singleton instances of the corresponding class
with an @Named(<fully qualified bxml id>) annotation.  Thus, you can
have any element with a bxml:id injected into any of your managed
classes.

I'm open to contributing this code, but it's very specific to Guice,
so I'm wondering if anyone on these lists would find it useful or
not... thoughts?

Cheers,
-T

Re: Pivot with Google Guice

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Todd,
I think that this would be a good addition, after Spring there is
Guice (as popularity for DI containers).

But do you think to put it inside Pivot (maybe under the skunk area),
or directly from Guice people ?

Bye,
Sandro

RE: Pivot with Google Guice

Posted by aappddeevv <aa...@verizon.net>.
This may be another good motivation for a dev wiki, people can post
integration and other tricks. I remember that Hibernate has such a wiki (not
quite sure the details actually of whether it is a wiki or not) that always
had some tips and ideas for use cases that were not core, but helpful.

Re: Pivot with Google Guice