Posted to bugs@httpd.apache.org by Ritesh Prajapati <ri...@slscorp.com> on 2014/07/16 08:47:46 UTC

HTTP request failed after enabling SSL Module on my Linux Board

Hi,

     I have one custom Linux board on which I want to run apache web
server to test HTML and other web based services.

     I have configured, cross compiled and installed default httpd
(2.2.24, 2.4.1, 2.4.4 and 2.4.9) on my Linux PC (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) as
well as on my own custom Linux board. Then I have added support of SSL
Module (mod_ssl)
     to test HTTP as well as HTTPS request.

     Both HTTP and HTTPS request works fine without any issue on my
Linux PC (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS). But when I tried to execute same HTTP
request on my Linux Board using httpd (2.4.4 and 2.4.9) at that time
browser page goes
     into loading state and can not be came out from that situation
after enabling SSL module. Also I have seen that HTTPS request works
fine at that time.

     I have also did some debugging task through wire-shark tool and
found that connection is established successfully after sending request
through HTTP but can not get response of that request. I have also found
that response of
     that HTTP request received on wire-shark after closing that HTTP
requested page from browser.

     Also, I can run HTTP and HTTPS requests successfully using httpd
(2.2.24 and 2.2.27) on my Linux Board but failed to execute same request
using httpd (2.4.X) package.

     I have also changed some configurations by creating different
virtual host for HTTP (Port 80) and HTTPS (Port 443) but still failed to
execute that HTTP request.

     I have also tried to listen on different ports like (Listen 80 and
Listen 8000) without SSL module (using httpd 2.4.4. and 2.4.9 ) at that
time HTTP request goes into loading state.

     Can anyone has idea about this issue or help me to solve this type
of issue?

Ritesh Prajapati,
System Level Solutions (India) Pvt.Ltd.

Re: HTTP request failed after enabling SSL Module on my Linux Board

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM, Ritesh Prajapati <
ritesh.prajapati@slscorp.com> wrote:

bugs@httpd.apache.org is where updates from the bug database are sent.  It
is not for discussion.

I suggest e-mailing the user support mailing list for assistance.

http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users

>     I have one custom Linux board on which I want to run apache web
> server to test HTML and other web based services.
>
>     I have configured, cross compiled and installed default httpd
> (2.2.24, 2.4.1, 2.4.4 and 2.4.9) on my Linux PC (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) as
> well as on my own custom Linux board. Then I have added support of SSL
> Module (mod_ssl)
>     to test HTTP as well as HTTPS request.
>
>     Both HTTP and HTTPS request works fine without any issue on my
> Linux PC (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS). But when I tried to execute same HTTP
> request on my Linux Board using httpd (2.4.4 and 2.4.9) at that time
> browser page goes
>     into loading state and can not be came out from that situation
> after enabling SSL module. Also I have seen that HTTPS request works
> fine at that time.
>
>     I have also did some debugging task through wire-shark tool and
> found that connection is established successfully after sending request
> through HTTP but can not get response of that request. I have also found
> that response of
>     that HTTP request received on wire-shark after closing that HTTP
> requested page from browser.
>
>     Also, I can run HTTP and HTTPS requests successfully using httpd
> (2.2.24 and 2.2.27) on my Linux Board but failed to execute same request
> using httpd (2.4.X) package.
>
>     I have also changed some configurations by creating different
> virtual host for HTTP (Port 80) and HTTPS (Port 443) but still failed to
> execute that HTTP request.
>
>     I have also tried to listen on different ports like (Listen 80 and
> Listen 8000) without SSL module (using httpd 2.4.4. and 2.4.9 ) at that
> time HTTP request goes into loading state.
>
>     Can anyone has idea about this issue or help me to solve this type
> of issue?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ritesh Prajapati,