Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Beth Frank <ef...@ncsa.uiuc.edu> on 1995/10/20 00:31:55 UTC

Hyper-G (was Re:I know this has ...)

> > > BTW, anyone tried this Hyper-G gadget?
> >
> > NCSA is doing collaborative work with the Hyper-G people at Gratz University
> > in Germany.  What do you want to know?
>
> I'd quite like to know a few things:
>
> 1. When are they going to fix their Web site? It doesn't work at all, apart
> from the top page.

I don't know, have you mailed their webmaster?

> 2. When are they going to work with proxies? I can't use Hyper-G at all without
> that. I can't even download it.

There are gateways to bridge to and from a Hyper-G system and the Web.  I
don't know much more than that.  If you are interested in their project,
try emailing hmaurer@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at.  That's the Email address on the
back of their glossies for Professor Hermann Maurer.  The glossy also says
information is available by anonymous ftp from iicm.tu-graz.ac.at in directory
pub/Hyper-G.  We have been talking primarily with Frank Kappe (who is listed
on the Hyper-G home page with a working link).

> 3. When will source be available? (And if the answer is never they might as
> well give up now, I reckon).

I'm not sure they are planning to release the code.  We had to go through
some special arrangements to get access to it, but that may have been because
it was pre-release.

<snip>
> What's the Repository project (really showing my ignorance now  :-)

The NCSA Repository project is our next generation web server.  We're
trying to build a digital library, complete with cataloging, standards
enforment, extensibility, and ton of other nifty things.  (One project
member commented that it might be easier to list what we're not trying
to do :^)  It is also know as NCSA HTTPd 2.0.

> --
> Ben Laurie                  Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435
> Freelance Consultant        Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472
> and Technical Director      Email: ben@algroup.co.uk
> A.L. Digital Ltd,
> London, England.

	-Beth