Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Bill Binole <bi...@Attachmate.com> on 2000/10/22 19:13:40 UTC

Serialization question

If I have a service that say I want to return an awt button to be added to a
UI component what would be needed in the way of
serialization/deserialization?  I have looked at the addressbook example and
how it handles the address and phone objects.  Do I need to wrap the button
in a class of my own making.  I have tried returning it as an object but of
course get serialization errors.  I am not clear on exactly how to handle
this and what I have been able to glean from the archives has not made
things any clearer.  Can someone please straighten me out on this issue.

TIA
Bill