Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@openoffice.org> on 2011/12/04 21:53:17 UTC

Re: Moved over the old OOo archive

On 06/11/2011 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 11/05/2011 03:02 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> the archive is missing old builds (i.e., < 2.3.0).
>> They were removed from the archive "to save space". If space now allows,
>> I can provide the older builds that had been removed from the archive
>> (or at least a complete history of Italian stable versions). ...
> if you think that this
> is not enough and the localized releases are still needed (you are
> right, I cannot imagine it ;-) ) and Infra is fine to provide more
> space, then why not.

After just addressing a request from an 81-year-old user who was looking
for his beloved OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 in Italian (yes, I knew you
couldn't imagine...) I now have all old Italian versions available at a
non public download location.

What should I do to have them added back to the archive then? Should I
open an Infrastructure JIRA issue maybe?

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Moved over the old OOo archive

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 12/04/2011 10:15 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Dec 4, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

>>> if you think that this
>>> is not enough and the localized releases are still needed (you are
>>> right, I cannot imagine it ;-) ) and Infra is fine to provide more
>>> space, then why not.
>>
>> After just addressing a request from an 81-year-old user who was looking for his beloved OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 in Italian (yes, I knew you couldn't imagine...) I now have all old Italian versions available at a non public download location.
>
> I have an 79 year old mother who has to use WordIX on DOS :-)
>

>> What should I do to have them added back to the archive then? Should I open an Infrastructure JIRA issue maybe?
>
> I was not aware that Infrastructure added OOo legacy downloads to http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
>
> So, I guess the question is what procedure should be used to update the archive with the missing versions from: http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/localized/it/
>
> Looks like there may be an Infrastructure issue.

I wouldn't call it an issue but more a request. There is no issue with
the archive. It would be just a question if it's possible to extent the
current install builds with some more.

Marcus

Re: Moved over the old OOo archive

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@openoffice.org>.
On 04/12/2011 Dave Fisher wrote:
> I was not aware that Infrastructure added OOo legacy downloads to
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/ So, I guess the
> question is what procedure should be used to update the archive with
> the missing versions from:
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/localized/it/

Actually the question is how I can submit to either of those archives
(which actually seem to have the same content, as far as the legacy
Italian build are concerned) some even older builds that were removed a
long time ago from the archives to save space but that are still
requested from our users.

These builds are now located in a private PLIO (Italian Native-Lang
Project) archive.

> Looks like there may be an Infrastructure issue.

OK, thanks. I've opened
as a request, considering Marcus' comment too.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Moved over the old OOo archive

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Dec 4, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 06/11/2011 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 11/05/2011 03:02 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>> the archive is missing old builds (i.e., < 2.3.0).
>>> They were removed from the archive "to save space". If space now allows,
>>> I can provide the older builds that had been removed from the archive
>>> (or at least a complete history of Italian stable versions). ...
>> if you think that this
>> is not enough and the localized releases are still needed (you are
>> right, I cannot imagine it ;-) ) and Infra is fine to provide more
>> space, then why not.
>
> After just addressing a request from an 81-year-old user who was looking for his beloved OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 in Italian (yes, I knew you couldn't imagine...) I now have all old Italian versions available at a non public download location.

I have an 79 year old mother who has to use WordIX on DOS :-)

> What should I do to have them added back to the archive then? Should I open an Infrastructure JIRA issue maybe?

I was not aware that Infrastructure added OOo legacy downloads to http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/

So, I guess the question is what procedure should be used to update the archive with the missing versions from: http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/localized/it/

Looks like there may be an Infrastructure issue.

Regards,
Dave