Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by "Roehrig, Stefan" <st...@vaillant-group.com> on 2014/10/09 17:59:43 UTC

Does olingo java v2 support http options method?

Hi all,

I've got the following behavior with an HTML5 application (based on SAPUI5, jQuery and datajs):

*         Application deployed on the same server as the odata service:
Application retrieves $metadata with http get method
Everything works fine

*         Application deployed on a different server than the odata service (WebStorm development scenario):
The odata service is enabled for CORS and sets the access-control-allow-origin header
Application retrieves $metadata with http options method
Service answers with http code 501 (not implemented)
Data loading fails

My questions:

*         Does anyone know, why the application is using two different http methods?

*         Is it possible for Olingo to support the http options method?

Regards,
Stefan

Re: Does olingo java v2 support http options method?

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.
Hi Stefan,

I have no idea why the application uses the options http method.
But I can ask a colleague if he can answer this.

Currently the http options is not supported in Olingo (neither own servlet “ODataServlet” nor via Apache CXF “ODataSubLocator”).
And as far as I know there exists currently no easy way to provide this.
Perhaps you could create an enhancement issue in Jira.

Kind regards,
Michael

AW: Does olingo java v2 support http options method?

Posted by "Roehrig, Stefan" <st...@vaillant-group.com>.
Hi,

the answer to my own question is:

It happens because the browser does a CORS request because of SOP.

The solution is to create a CORS filter in order to enable Olingo for CORS.

Regards,
Stefan

--
Stefan Röhrig – Consultant Group IT - BPM

Vaillant Group IT
Tel. +49 2191 18 4725 • Mobile +49 175 2951 757 • Fax +49 2191 18 74725
E-Mail: stefan.roehrig@vaillant-group.com<ma...@vaillant-group.com> • http://www.vaillant-group.com<http://www.vaillant-group.com/>

Vaillant Group Business Services GmbH, Berghauser Str. 63, D-42859 Remscheid