Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2020/11/20 14:44:13 UTC

Tika 2.0.0-ALPHA?

All,
  Once we release 1.25, I propose working towards a release of 2.0.0-ALPHA
in December (open source hand waving).  I'd like to modularize the
tika-server module a bit, and we have to put the osgi bundle back in.  What
else would you consider to be the bare minimum to ship 2.0.0-ALPHA?

WDYT generally?

       Cheers,

                   Tim

Re: Tika 2.0.0-ALPHA?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
And to reiterate, anything good in 2.0.0 is Bob's doing...I'll take credit
for the rest. :D

Re: Tika 2.0.0-ALPHA?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Re: Tika 2.0.0-ALPHA?

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Re: Tika 2.0.0-ALPHA?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
All,
  Now that 1.25 is released, I'm going to work on refactoring tika-eval and
tika-server shortly.  Then add back in the osgi bundle.  After that, shall
we go with 2.0.0-ALPHA?

In the meantime, I propose not adding new functionality to branch_1x.  If
there are bug fixes or vulnerable dependencies, we should make those
changes there for a 1.25.1.

How does this sound?

Cheers,

           Tim