Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Nasgowitz, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT)" <Ma...@med.ge.com> on 2001/09/21 00:20:20 UTC

questions about handling failed task

I use the <mail> task to email data during the build.xml process.
Recently our mail server configuration must have changes because the
mail task now fails. The fact that the mail task fails is not the main
problem, the problem is that when the mail task fails Ant exits/stops. I
would like the build.xml script to continue with its work and just
ignore that fact that the mail task failed.

is that possible?.. any suggestions

Thanks for your help

Mark

Re: questions about handling failed task

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Nasgowitz, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT)" <Ma...@med.ge.com> wrote:
> I use the <mail> task to email data during the build.xml process.
> Recently our mail server configuration must have changes because the
> mail task now fails. The fact that the mail task fails is not the main
> problem, the problem is that when the mail task fails Ant exits/stops. I
> would like the build.xml script to continue with its work and just
> ignore that fact that the mail task failed.
>
> is that possible?.. any suggestions

Can you use the optional <mimemail> task instead? It has a "failonerror"
attribute. (Alternatively, are you up for adding a "failonerror" attribute
to the <mail> task? :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)